Saturday, February 21, 2009

St. Patrick's Day: a man's holiday!


What better way to start off a man card blog than with what many people consider a man's holiday: Saint Patrick's Day. So off I went to create a card or two. Well, easier said than done! Let's face it, I'm familiar with the concepts of leprechauns, money pots, shamrocks and beer glasses when it comes to Saint Patrick's Day cards and all are available in sticker or rubber stamp formats. However I wanted something different, something a little more in keeping with the idea of the beauty of Ireland, as well as the serenity that could go with it. Having no irish blood, this wasn't easy. What to do?



Well, I decided to take the high road (sorry for the pun) and create something more woodsy and inspirational. I have some great background stamps from Beeswax and used one of those as my point of departure. Then I found an irish proverb stamp that I thought appropriate. Added some celtic design details and there it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment