Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easter Greetings


Once again I was challenged to come up with a manly card for a Holiday that is adorned with cutsy images. This was going to be a challenge! I wanted something that was simple, direct, to the point with strong yet not overbearing images. To achieve this I opted to go with rubber stamps and inks, rather than my usual stickers and rub-ons.



My first challenge was coming up with a suitable background shapes and colors. After several attempts I settled on the largest shadow box from "Hero Arts" inked in several different light and dark green tones. The results were those of soft aged stone, which I really liked and suggested to me to use a cross as the main image. The image I chose was the Celtic cross from "Inkadinkado", which I stamped in black over the dried background. The contrast seemed too stark and sharp. For the second attempt I stamped the cross directly on the pre-inked shadow stamp and then on to a piece of white paper. The results were, at least I think, great and reflect the theme I was going for. A strong image, yet subtle in tones. I mounted the stamped image on a light olive piece of paper and then adhered the panels to the card. The text is from "Serendipity Stamps", simple, direct and to the point.

1 comment:

  1. Is Maxine a pyr?!
    We have one but mostly white-not so much pretty color on her face as Maxine.
    The soft background on this card is really nice-it sets off the cross so well.

    ReplyDelete