Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blowing my own horn!

My second article will appear in the Scrap & Stamp Arts issue for October 2009 and I wanted to show the subject off here on my blog. I created wallet cards! These are gift card, check or money holder cards that literally resemble wallets. Sounds obvious, but they were a great success and hit with many people. For the article I created both a man's and a woman's wallet.

The man's wallet is made from black card stock that I embossed the exterior with an alligator pattern using the Cuttle Bug, which I even monogrammed. I used my own wallet as a template to create the interior pockets to hold a gift card, check or bills, as well as a place to put your message (which was the driver licence holder).











For the woman's wallet I used a check holder size wallet as a template. I used a patterned embossed paper called "football" and embellished the edge with a die-cut border from K & Company. Again the inside was patterned on a real check holder wallet with pockets to hold a gift card, check or bills.
These cards require a lot of paper cutting, folding and layout work but are really worth the effort. For once the wrapping trully is as much part of the gift as are the contents.

1 comment:

  1. I love these John! What a great idea! Congrats on your article!

    ReplyDelete