Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter can be manly!

I was recently gently told by a friend that although I keep on talking about "cards for men" of late very few of my cards reflected the masculine theme. So I thought it was time to get back to making some masculine themed cards ... at least for my blog.



For my first man type card I decided to go back to using stamps and earthier colors. I also used the multi ink and double stamping techniques to achieve the overall masculine feel. The background mosaic is from Starving Artistamp and was inked with yellow in the center and edged with chocolate. I inked the Celtic cross with the chocolate ink and stamped it on the inked mosaic stamp. I then stamped the double loaded stamp on white paper. I trimmed the stamped image and mounted it on chocolate color paper. The ribbon is from Offray and mimics a basket weave pattern; which thought went well with the Celtic cross. The text is from Serendipity Stamps and was done in chocolate ink. So here's a man's style Easter card.

No comments:

Post a Comment