Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Trees!

Scarry trees have been used since Disney's "Snow White" and of course "the Wizzard of Oz" ... so I decided to use them for some of my Halloween cards.
 
The first card was made using a 3D tree in a graveyard sticker from WalMart on a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey edged in black. The moon was punched from a piece of orange paper and also edged in black. The witch, angled tree and text are all rub-ons from an old package from Target.



The second card started with a white window card with an embossed frame from DCWV. I covered the embossed frame with strips of black. The inside of the frame/window highlights a patterned paper from DCWV. I added three laser cut tree stickers from Jolee's Boutique/E. K. Success around the framed window. Because the trees covered the opening of the window and I didn't want them to stick to the background I used an old trick ... I put talcum powder of the portions of the sticker I did not want to stick. The text is a rub-on from Heidi Grace.



The third card makes use of a patterned paper from DCWV mounted on a shimmering black card made using Bazzill Basics paper.The tag was made using a CuttleBug cut and emboss folder on white paper which was then colored with black and silver ink. The text is computer generated. The card was then embellished with glittering bats from Martha Stewart/E. K. Success.


OK, so they aren't that scary but they are still pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment