Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spellbinders layering.

I have quite a few sets of Spellbinders dies, some of which I've used in the past but many I have just thought about using. I decided to start die cutting away and then playing around with what I had die cut to see what I could come up with. I tried to stay pretty monochromatic to  ensure that they blended.

This masculine style card is made using two sets of dies: radiant rectangles and fancy tags.



To start with I die cut and emboss the two center dies from the radiant rectangle set from a piece of ivory paper. The larger background panel I edged with tan ink and the smaller inner panel I edged with Merlot ink (both from Martha Stewart/E.K. Success). Next I die cut two tags from brown paper.To make the card I started with a size A2 white card and centered the largest panel on the card. Then I cut the two tags into twp pieces and layered the pieces as shown over the back panel. I then added the small center panel using a raised adhesive dot. To finish off the card I added a few gold colored dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment