Saturday, January 14, 2017

Regal Deer

The second masculine themed card for the New Year is actually one I made a while ago and uses a couple of several different media. Mixing media is something I enjoy ... or maybe it's just that a card does not seem finished to me unless it has at least one sticker on it. 


I started by making a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" card from chocolate brown paper. Next I stamped a deer image and tree from Stampin' Up! in dark brown ink (Staz-on) on a piece of wood grained patterned paper (K & Company/E.K. Success. After the stamped image dried, I cut the stamped paper down to a 5" x 5" square; which I added to the center of the card. Next I edged the stamped panel with a leafy laser cut sticker border (Mrs. Grossman's) and then edged the panel again with a mirrored copper colored line sticker (Mrs. Grossman's).

This image looks very regal, majestic but mostly masculine and is suitable to be used for a number of occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment