Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cricut glittered tree

Although I am not too fond of glitter I wanted to use it on a card for the holidays. I wanted to make something different and yet familiar. So after looking at my choices I chose to use a tree . I cut out some strictly triangular shaped trees and even some more detailled trees, but was not happy with any of them. I finally pulled out some of my "Cricut" cartridges and looked for something different. The scroll design on this tree immediatly jumped out at me but when I cut it down to fit on a card it seemed to loose it WOW factor. I finally hit on the idea to make a really big tree to emphasize the scrolls and then only use half of it. I used bright green paper and after I cut it out I used "Martha Stewart" glitter on it. For the ornaments and star I used "Stampendous" Dot Sparklers stickers of various sizes and colors. The glittered text tag is an old sticker from several years ago from "K&Company" and it just seemed to fit perfectly with the glittered tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment