Sunday, November 7, 2010

Early Thanksgiving.

November already and that means that in the craft stores it's all about Christmas. Whatever happened to Thanksgiving, not that there has ever been much for Thanksgiving on the shelves anyway? We have many reasons to be thankful, no matter what our situations are and I am most thankful for the serenity I find in my life. Last year I found some images that I thought reflected this serenity and that I could use to that end.

The first one is made using 3D stickers (not quite as nice when scanned) from K&Company of various fall colored leaves. I used a metallic copper for the background to coordinate with the metallic copper filigree on each of the stickers and added some oranges gems(Stampendous Dot Sparklers) to add to the fall feel.



The second one is made from a beautiful fall image sticker (Pebbles) mounted on color paper coordinating with colors within the image. The 3D cart and gourds (Jolee's Boutique/E.K. Success) were added to add to the feeling of the bounty and beauty fall provides us with.

I chose not to add text to either card in order to avoid influencing the feel the images provide on their own.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent cards. May I ask why they do not enlarge when I click on them? I would like to get a nice closeup view. Guess I could look at Cuppas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Cora I have no idea why the cards don't enlarge when you click on them and i haven't been posting too much on Cuppas lately either. But if you get me your email address I'll send you any card you want to see! Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete