Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Time ... a little early!

One of my favorite image for Christmas is the "ornament" and I like creating my own "ornaments" for my cards. One of my favorite "ornament" image I use is actually a circular shaped rub-on made for the clear plastic ornaments you can make yourself. To finish off the look I embellish the rub-on "ornament" with stickers.  This year I selected two cozy snowy scenes for my images.

The first one card uses a legal size card (4 3/4" x 11"). The rub-on image (Royal & Langnickel Brush Man.) was added on the center of the lower portion of the card. I then ran a thin gold line (Stampendous) from the top of the card to the top of the rub-on. To add to the "ornament" look I surrounded the top and bottom with some of the rub-on gold rub-on flourishes that came on the same sheet as the ornament, gold flourish stickers (Stampendous) and ruby colored faux gems (Stampendous Dot Sparklers). The text is a sticker (Hallmark) which I picked up in the card department of WalMart.



The second card uses a standard A2 size card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). The rub-on image (Royal & Langnickel Brush Man.) was added slightly off center on the lower portion of the card. I again ran a thin gold line (Stampendous) from the top of the card to the top of the rub-on. To add to the "ornament" look I embellished the top and bottom rub-on with gold rub-on flourishes that came on the same sheet as the ornament, with gold flourish seals (Gartner Studios); which I picked up at one of our local office supply store.  The text (Michael's) is a sticker.




These are fun and easy to make ... the best part is that the rub-on scenes are actually pre-glittered!

No comments:

Post a Comment