Friday, March 16, 2012

CuttleBug/Spellbinder Frames.

Having various embossing folders and dies I'm always looking at finding new ways to use them and even combine them. My latest passion is creating frames using CuttleBug embossing folders and then cutting an opening with Spellbinder dies. Here are my latest three samples.


The first card uses the CuttleBug "Rebecca's Frame" embossing folder on a piece of antique gold paper (The Paper Company) on which I then lightly sanded the raised areas. The center cut out was done using two of the Spellbinders "Labels Five" dies. I used a smaller die to extend the pattern on the end of a larger one. The rest is just "K&Company" paper and 3D rhinestoned flowers and an old text sticker from "Making Memories".


The second card uses the CuttleBug "Grace's Frame" embossing folder on a piece of antique gold paper (The Paper Company) . The center cut out was done using  the Spellbinders "Labels Eight" die.  The rest is just "K&Company" paper and 3D glittered flowers and an old text sticker from "Die Cut with a View".


The third cards uses uses the CuttleBug "Grace's Frame" embossing folder on a piece of white paper (The Paper Company) . The center cut out was done using the Spellbinders "Labels Eight" die. I framed both the larger embossed panel and the interior die cut with dark grey paper (The Paper Company). The rest is just "K&Company" paper and 3D glittered flowers and text sticker from "Stampendous" which I colored black with a marker.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Emboss the paper with the folder first then die-cut the opening. I use a CuttleBug machine for all my Spellbinders and it works very well.

      Delete
  2. Your cards are Stunning!!! I have the cuttlebug embossing folders but I am overwhelmed by all of the spellbinder sets. I have not purchased any of them. But now I may have too. I love what you have done with them.
    -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I am totally overwhelmed trying to cut out those swirls! What a great idea! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete