Monday, March 26, 2012

Stretching your Spellbinders

I was playing around with my Spellbinder label dies and found what I thought was a neat way to stretch them - actually all this means is only cutting a partial image! Here's my first sample.


The overall card is very simple; however the making of the "ribbon" is  what takes time and practice. I used one of the Fancy Label dies to create my ribbon. To do this I place the die halfway on the edge of the cutting plate. The paper should be longer and extend beyond the edge of the cutting plate and die. Then starting with the opposite side, put start putting your plates through your Cuttle Bug being careful to roll them through slowly and only until you cut through half of the die. Then you should have what looks like a ribbon with a decorative end. In my case I used gold paper for the ribbon. To finish the card I used the leaf dies from Spellbinders and cut out three sets of small leaves from green paper, which I added at the bottom of the ribbon and embellished with a 3D paper flower from Recollections. The text is from Stampendous.

The partial cutting techniques works with all of the dies and can even be used to create the openings in folded cards. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment