Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cameo card

Inspiration always comes to me when I go to a craft store and see the prices they charge for some of the products. Case in point: cameos! I saw a new package of cameos and small jewelry pieces (fake of course) by a leading manufacturer and was saddened by the almost five dollar price ... so I decided to  make my own cameo.


The cameo was made using the "Heritage" Cricut cartridge and the oval and scalloped oval Spellbinders dies. Yes, if I didn't have those items it would have been easier to spend the money for the jewelry but I had them so why not use them! A layer of gold paper embellished with some gold corners from Starform, the Spellbinders die-cut pieces layered from white to pink and finally the profile image in white and there you have it -  a cameo!

I finished the card off by using a pastel pink damask paper from Anna Griffin, edged with gold lines and a few glittered 3D flowers from K&Company/E.K. Success. All the card needs is an appropriate text.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous John! I tend to feel the same way about 'making it myself for a lot less' when it's possible and even though the tools can represent a significan investment if you do a large amount of crafting and choose wisely they ultimately pay for themsleves.

    ReplyDelete