Saturday, August 25, 2012

Retro Cards!

Sometimes going back in time can be fun! I found these great wooden buttons at Wal-Mart and couldn't wait to use then in cards.
 
The first card uses a wooden "peace" button as the inspiration for the theme, the color scheme and even the circular design motif. The card is a pre-made embossed off-white card from Cramer & Company, which I embellished with a retro patterned paper from Die Cut with a View and a matching border from Mrs. Grossman's Design Lines. To add another layer I used a second epoxy button that picked up some of the colors from the "peace" button and brought in some new ones as well. To finish teh card I used a variety of epoxy button stickers and rhinestones.


The second card uses another wooden "peace" button. Again I played up the circular theme and the colors from the button but in a totally different manner. I started with a 5"x5" white card which I edged with some Mrs. Grossman's Design Lines. The solid color circles are rub-ons from American Traditions and the intertwined multi colored circles are stickers from Stickopotamus/E.K. Success. The finale touch was the addition of an appropriate text in the form of a sticker from Mrs. Grossman's.



2 comments:

  1. Fun fun cards! So different from your usual cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John! All I can say is "Groovy!", and I haven't said that in a long, long time! Great work.

    ReplyDelete