Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter - a fall mistake!

 Last fall I was playing around with some of my stamps with various images of trees. One of the result was made using an Inkadinkado/E.K. Success stamp; which I stamped next to each other twice in brown ink on a piece of sky patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket Chicken Little). The bottom part of the stamp is actually a solid background with leaves silhouettes. The end result was not what I had expected and seemed to have no real life.  I put the stamped image aside. Fast forward to this Easter. For some reason the stamped image looked better but better yet I knew what to do to it to fix it.
I started by covering the lower part of the image with a Merlot ink pad (Colorbox) and even lightly went over the ground line into the trees. I then highlighted the background by padding on some yellow and sky blue ink (Colorbox) over the yellow and blue in the sky. Next I trimmed the panel down to size and edged it with more Merlot ink. The next step was the rub-on text (Chartpack) from some texted sheets from 2005; which I recently found at the bottom of a drawer and thought had gone bad. The final step, mounting the stamped panel on a size 2A card made from shimmering white paper (Bazzil Bassics).
This one is for Cora Jean ... thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. I am loving how you made this card. You are a man of many talents with your cards. Anartist at heart you are