Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy 1st Day of Autumn

Here's a simple card I made to celebrate the first day of Autumn. OK so it's a flower card maybe not the most masculine card I could have made (not everyone is perfect) but it has many masculine touches.


I started with the color selections; I wanted to really highlight the colors in the 3D glittered sticker from Recollections/Michael's flowers. I chose an ivory and orange (bold and somewhat masculine). Although it's hard to see in this scan, there are subtle touches of gold glitter on the flowers, so gold became my highlight colors as well. The die cut frame (Spellbinders Fleur de Lys) is edged with gold ink and the orange panel is framed with a thin gold line sticker from Mrs. Grossman. I also added a couple of gold sticker flourishes around the flower to balance the overall center of the card.

I for one am looking forward to the cooler weather and the fiery colors Autumn brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment