Saturday, December 5, 2015

Mrs. Grossman's Altered Christmas Sticker Cards

As every one knows by now, my favorite stickers are usually from Mrs. Grossman's and I especially love the laser cut ones. Unfortunately the colors they come in doesn't always match my idea ... so I color the stickers and voila ... a new look!

Holy Family:
The sticker comes bright red and quite frankly that didn't suit my idea of an appropriate color for the holy family. So I colored the entire sticker with a black marker and then layered the sticker on white paper, then black and finally mounted the whole panel on a white card. To add just enough sparkle I added a gold star sticker.


The Skaters:
This sticker comes in bright green (the remnants of the original color can be seen in the skaters and the trees) but again, it wasn't right for me. So I colored the edges of the ornament in gold and the sky and ice in silver. I added holy stickers and text to accentuate the green and then framed the whole image with gold lines.


Woodland Christmas;
I went to town altering this sticker! I started by coloring the entire bright red sticker with a gold marker. Then I added the gold sticker to a white piece of paper, down cut it to size and edged the smaller panel with gold lines. Next I took white snow flake stickers and colored them gold as well. I mounted the square panel to a glittering white card using raised adhesive dots. Then I added the gold colored snowflakes to the background. Next I added the red hearts and the gold mirrored dove to the center panel. To finish the card I added the gold text.



All the added stickers are, of course, from Mrs. Grossman's.

No comments:

Post a Comment