Sunday, December 20, 2015

Multi Layered Die Cut Christmas Card

I have been wanting to really go crazy with some of my dies but had not found the right reason ... and then came Christmas. I love using deer in my Christmas cards (remember last year silver and gold glittered dies or the sticker deer card), so this year I decided to just use layer upon layer of die cut images to create a Christmas nature scene and here it is.



This is how the card came together. Starting with a square white piece of paper out of which I die cut a circular opening in the center. Next I used a Swiss dot embossing folder on the paper to create the illusion of falling snow. I then layered a deer die-cut from Memory Box and a birch tree die-cut from Impression Obsessions.  I used 1/8" thick raised adhesive squares for the deer, trees and snow bank (cut free handed from another piece of white paper). I added the embossed paper using 1/4" raised adhesive squares to create the snowy background. Next I made a circular frame using two circle dies from Spellbinders. Merry Christmas!





1 comment:

  1. I love dies as well John. It is always fun to create using them in different ways. Great job. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete