Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcoming Spring

I saw that a couple of people made spring cards and realized this was not something I'd ever thought about: welcoming or celebrating a season. So I decided it was high time for me to do so as well! The following is the result.The background die-cut is done using the "Sizzix" parchment and edged in brown ink. The background paper is from one of "E. K. Success/K & Company" mat pads also edged in brown ink. The ribbon is a self adhesive pale yellow one from "Colorbok". The bundle of pussy willow branches, the single large pussy willow branch and the bird are all die-cuts or stickers from "E. K. Success/K & Company". The text is a rub-on from "Chartpack/Ken Burns Calligraphy".

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful John! I love that parchment die cut. Haven't seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love how you've bundled the pussy willow branches with twine. The parchment die is the perfect background. Nice colour combo.

    ReplyDelete