Monday, August 15, 2011

1973 Flashback!

While doing some chores I always play music ... this time it was the '70's.  Halfway through the CD Tony Orlando and Dawn's "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Around the Old Oak Tree" came on.  It made me wonder, whatever happened to the concept of yellow ribbons (which by the way started the concept for all the other colored ribbons) for our service men and women?  So I decided to make a card to honor that old tradition in hopes it will start again!


The background is paper from K&Company/E.K. Success from one of military packs.  The tree is from a set of stickers I found at Joann"s Fabrics and is also from K&Company/E.K. Success.  The yellow ribbon is from a pack containing a variety of different colored ribbons which I also found at Joann's Fabrics.   I folded into a bow to create the bow using a mini adhesive dot.
Personally to me this simple card says a lot ... let's bring back the yellow ribbons and let our troops know we want them to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment