Saturday, January 14, 2012

Another window die card!

I needed a card for an elderly relative who loves cats ... and I wanted to use my new window die again. So here it is!


The window was die cut from a piece of tan paper (see previous post for die info). I laid out the window die-cut out on a piece of self adhesive blue vellum (Generations) with small pencil marks in each of the upper window pane's corners and then cut up a lace doily (Mrs' Grossman's Laser Cut) to fit between the pencil marks to create the curtains. The window die-cut was then added. I started by adding the 3D glittered flower bouquet (K&Company/E.K. Success) on the kleft side of the window after cutting off some of the extrenuous leaves and re-attaching them in different places. Next I cut up a 3D cat sticker (Punch Studios) and slid him behind and into the 3D flowers.  I then cut up one more set of the 3D glittered flowers to get the extending branch and added that to the right side of the cat, again sliding it behind and into the cat.  The final touch was a sticker text (Stampensous) that i colored with a black marker.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful John! I love that window die. I may need to add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete