Friday, January 27, 2012

Work and Patience!

Sometimes the simplest ideas take the most work and patience to accomplish. That was the case of my latest card. I wanted to create a card that mimicked the colors of these great 3D glittered flower stickers (Martha Stewart/E.K. Success).

The background is a simple olive green 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card that I edged with walnut ink (Stamp It-up!). The ribbon was made from two strips of white paper (one 1 3/8" wide and one 1 3/4" wide) that were punched on both sides using a Fleur-De-Lis edge punch (E.K. Success). The wider strip was inked with black ink alone the outside edges and then brown ink along the inside of the punches but leaving the central portion white. The narrower strip was inked with gold ink on the outside edges and light olive green on the inside. The smaller strip was adhered down the center of the wider one and then both were lightly inked with gold ink. Note: all the inks used on the strips were from Martha Stewart/E.K. Success).  The strips were adhered vertically down the card 1 1/2" away from the folded edge.I then added brown square rhinestones down the center of the strips. The tag was made using gold paper (Colorbok) and a die-cutting and embossing folder (Cuttle Bug), which I then inked lightly with permanent black ink (Staz-on) and added to the card. I then added the three flowers. The leaves were punched with a rose leaf hand punch (Martha Stewart/E.K. Success) from shimmering dark green paper (Bazzil Bassics), edged with walnut ink and individually added behind the flowers. The final touch was a sticker text (Mrs. Grossman's).

The strips reflect the colors of the flower petals, the rhinestones reflect the color of the glittered flower inner centers and the aged gold tag reflects the glittered ring around the flower centers.  Overall it was a lot of work but I think the results were well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Your attention to details is amazing...the flow of visual content compelling and the final statement strong. Very artistic.