Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bird Themed cards!

A friend of mine by the name of Cathy Bowman Russell periodically sends me surprise packages and the last one included a sheet of "K&Company/E.K. Success" birds stickers. Then this week I found yet another "K&Company/E.K. Success" sticker sheet with birds. The signs were all there, I needed to make "bird themed" cards. I made three.

The first card uses the newest sheet of "K&Company/E.K. Success" stickers from which I selected a highly detailed 3D cardboard sticker of a flamingo. The background paper is from a 5"x7" pad of "K&Company/E.K. Success" paper; which I edged with bright green sliver lines from "Mrs. Grossmans". The oval was cut and embossed using the "Spellbinder" oval dies from an ivory textured paper from "Bazzil Basics"; which I edged with brown, red and black inks from "Martha Stewart/E.K. Success". The text is a gold sticker from "Stampendous" that I colored using a red/brown marker from "Sharpie".


The second card uses a flat paper sticker with an epoxy pigeon from the same sheet of "K&Company/E.K. Success" stickers that I used for the first card. I managed to find an almost perfect match for the background paper from a "Prisma" pad. I covered the card with the "Prisma" paper, added the sticker and then edged the entire card with grey ink from "Making Memories". The tag was cut using the "Spellbinders" Fancy Labels set from antique gold paper and ivory paper for the inset. The ribbon is from "Offrays" and is actually the back side (the other side is orange). The text was computer generated.


The third card was made using my friend's supplied stickers. The embossed paper sticker from "K&Company/E.K. Success" was on a yellowish paper; which I trimmed as well as I could from the actual peacock image.  To compensate for the parts that I could not trim off I used a pale yellow card made from "Bazzil Basics" paper and edged with grey and olive green ink from "Tsukineko". From the same sheet of stickers I cut out various pieces of branches and some of the flowers; which I then reconfigured around the peacock. I added two 3D flowers with a rrhinestone center from a different package of "K&Company/E.K. Success" to add some depth to the card. The text is an old cardboard tile but I don't remember the manufacturer.


Cathy, these are for you as I know you like birds!

2 comments: