Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July Celebration!

I enjoy creating what I call "scenery"cards and wanted to make one for the 4th of July. In thinking about ways the 4th of July is celebrated I saw the old photographs of fireworks over amusement parks and so I decided to create my own version.


I started with, of course, a selection of Mrs. Grossman's stickers. Using a soft purple background I created an amusement park from various "retired" packs of stickers and added the shimering firework bursts.  To make the card trully scenic I used a legal size card and ran a band of multi colored glittered paper from Martha Stewart/E.K. Success across the lower portion. Then to stretch the image I cut it up in three pieces and mounted the pieces on a piece of glittered yellow paper from Die Cut with a View.

Maybe this is not your typical patriotic themed 4th of July card but it does celebrate an all American creation: the amusement park! Happy 4th of July!

2 comments: