Sunday, July 22, 2012

Monochromatic Multi Layered Cards

Combining all the different die-cut, embossing and punches one has into a single card can be quite challenging but also very rewarding. When I recently saw some beautiful examples on Pinterest as well as posted on face book by Sheryl I just knew that I had to try this technique.

When I finished my first card I realized that I'd missed the boat!  The solid color background paper I used, although embossed, just wasn't right and took away from the rest of the layers. 


So I tried again and again.Finally I got the hang of it and the next three cards came out much better.




Each one followed the same basic principal and was made entirely out of white paper.  The background was embossed using  a "CuttleBug" folder and then lightly colored with an ink pad to set the color scheme for the rest of the card.  The next layer  is a panel which was created using one of my many "Spellbinder" die-set.  Each die-cut panel was embellished by either a ribbon or an arrangement of flowers; which were either done using a punch ("Martha Stewart") or another die-cut system ("Sizzix").  On the first card I also added a teddy bear and three hearts; which were punched out using a mini Michael's punch.  For my color schemes I selected: black for the first one, lime green for the second one and gold for the third one. 

These cards are fun to make but do require a lot of patience. Good luck making yours and can't wait to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment