Thursday, June 23, 2011

4th of July (part 1)

With this years 4th of July I wanted to honor some true american icons and as an architect I decided to start with buildings. I wanted to use the Mrs. Grossman's Laser cut stickers from years past but could not find them, so instead I used a sticker package from Jolee's Boutique/E.K. Success that had the buildings I wanted.
The first building: the Lincold Memorial. The background is some left over paper from one of the military packs from K&Company/E.K. Success with a flag theme. The tag uses ivory and gold paper die cut and embossed with the Small Labels Spellbinders dies.
The second building: the Capitol. For the background I used a simple white card and some metallic foiled paper from Sandylion to create a banner of flags and stars. The tag is cut from some light blue paper from DCVW using the deckle edge Spellbinders dies.
The last building: the White House. Again I used left over paper from one of the military packs from K&Company/E.K. Success, this time with a texted and star theme.
To complete the last two cards I added some glittered fireworks from Mrs. Grossman's and in all cases the text is computer generated and printed on clear Avery address labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment