Monday, June 20, 2011

Breaking the mold.

Periodically I try something totally different in style and color just to try and break the mold. Here are two of my latest experiments.



The first is a kid's birthday card. The colors for the background were selected based on the 3D jewelled butterfly stickers from "Sandylion". The multi colored text is a sticker from "Stickoroni/Hallmark". The color scheme was totally different for me, as were the style of stickers.





The second card is also meant to be a birthday card but could be used as an invitation for any outdoor event. The inspiration for the card was the 3D glittered flowers stickers from "Sandylion" and the rub-on retro circle patterns from "American Traditional Designs". To continue with the retro feel I used a background paper from "Basic Grey" which I edged in red ink. To finish the look I used the "Martha Stewart/E.K. Success" rose leaf punch and made some leaves to scatter around the flowers and tie everything together. To add depth to the card I used thin raised adhesive dots on some of the leaves and overlaid them over some of the flowers. Again the color scheme and the style of stickers were totally different for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment