Friday, June 17, 2011

Something different!

This image of the "tree of life" from Anna Griffin has long been a favorite of mine and in the past I used the brass stencil to emboss paper using my Cuttlebug. This time I decided to use some Dreamweaver Embossing paste and the results were better than I expected.

I started by taping the brass stencil down to a piece of chocolate brown paper from Die Cut with a View and then using a spatula spreading a thin layer of the metallic gold embossing paste over the stencil. After femoving the stencil and letting the paste dry I trimmed the paper and edged it with a black ink pad. I mounted the stencilled panel to gold vellum from The Paper Company, trimmed that and mounted the panels on a square white card. The final touch is a die-cut banner from the Cricut Indie Art cartridge on ivory paper, colored with pencils and to which I added a gold sticker text from Starform.




The textured image adds a different look to the card and the embossing paste really enhances the fine details.

No comments:

Post a Comment