Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My first commission piece.

This week-end someone called our local craft store to see if they made or knew anyone who made custom cards for special occasions and the store manager recommended me.  The assignment: a wedding card with a specific theme and text chosen by the client.  After a brief e-mail consultation I was commissioned to create a 5" x 7" card in shades of white and ivory using a wedding cake as the theme, with the stipulation that the card be kept simple and elegant .  This is my creation.


The card itself is made from white pearlized paper from Bazzill Basics.  The background panel, cut using the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge, is made from pearlized ivory paper with a silver shadow.  The banner was cut twice from white pearlized paper using the Sizzix Banner die, cut apart and then re-assembled to create a 3D effect.  The banner text was computer generated using the Vivaldi font and matches the insert text.  The cake is a 3D paper paper sticker with trimmings of small pearl and miniature 3D glittered ivory and white flowers with pearl centers from K&Company/E.K. Success.  I did alter the sticker a bit by removing the plate on which the cake sat to create, at least for me, a cleaner image.

4 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful, John! Congrats! I'm sure it will be framed and treasured by the happy couple! It'd be great if you posted directly at the OWH page on Facebook so more OWH'ers could enjoy your work! Just a suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy, sophisticated card John. They will treasure it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I'm sure they will be delighted. Thanks for the tip on making the 3-D banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful John. It will be treasured by the couple, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete