Thursday, October 6, 2011

Masculine and Feminine Blank Cards

I was very surprised at one of my early classes when someone asked me what constituted a masculine card versus a feminine card when it came to color, patterns and subject. I came up with a list for each and recently I used my list to create these two cards.

Masculine:
I stamped a Celtic design from "Just for Fun" with "Ranger Archival" sepia ink on a white shimmering piece of vellum paper; which I trimmed and mounted on a metallic copper paper. I created the ribbon by doubling up with a "Martha Stewart/E.K. Success" edge punch on a 1" wide strip of copper paper. To complete the look I added "Stampendous" orange Dot Sparklers faux gems stickers to the stamped panel.



Feminine
I started by cutting a 1" wide strip of gold Swiss dots on white paper from "The Paper Company", mounting it on a piece of gold paper, trimming that and running it vertically down a pink card 1" away from the folded edge.  I edged the card with pink ink.  The roses are a 3D "Anna Griffin" die-cut; which I put together using different thicknesses raised adhesive dots.  To complete the look I added a pink bow also from "Anna Griffin".

No comments:

Post a Comment