Thursday, October 27, 2011

Simple hello!

I made this card as a quick "hello" and have received some inquiries as to the techniques, supplies and materials I used for this simple, quick and easy card ... so here goes.



The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (or type A2) made from textured white paper from "Bazzill Basics".  The patterned strip of paper is from an old "Prima" pad and I used only the portion of the paper that had the brownish/greenish colored flourish and flower background in it.  I edged the patterned paper with gold strips from the "Mrs. Grossman's Design Line" sticker series.  The tag is from an "E.K. Success/K&Company" package from a couple of years ago, that I edged with brown ink to really make it stand out.  The tag is attached to the card with raised adhesive dots.  The text was computer generated and printed on a clear "Avery" address label.  The 3D bird on a branch and the accompanying 3D flowers are stickers from "E.K. Success/Martha Stewart".

As I wrote this I realized that other than the bird on a branch and the accompanying flowers from "E.K. Success/Martha Stewart", all the products are older and more than likely discontinued or as they say in the craft business "retired".  But that doesn't mean the card can't be reproduced with similar newer in stock products.  The challenge is to use what you have!

1 comment:

  1. Hi John, I haven't stopped by your blog in awhile and I can see what I've been missing! I love the rich, ornate and Japanese art feeling of this card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete