Monday, December 5, 2011

Recycled gift tags.

One of my favorite way to make make Christmas cards is to recycle old gift tag. Here are three quick and easy cards I made using recycled gift tags. 

The first two card use 3D glittered gift tags from Punch Studios (which I found at an outlet store for $5.00 for a box of twelve after the season).  For the first card I took off the rectangular backpiece of the tag and then combined the tag with a text sticker from "BoBunny" and a 3D glittered poinsietta sticker from "K&Company/E.K. Success" on a piece of  "K&Company/E.K. Success" paper in combination with a red background and a simple white card.



For the second card I mounted the gift tag on a piece og gold paper and then mounted the panel on a simple white card. I edged both the gift tag and the gold paper woth gold line stickers from "Stampendous", added gold corner stickers (also from "Stampendous") and finishe eveyrthing off with the additions of various shapes and colors of faux gems  from "Stampendous Dot Sparklers".


The third card was made for a friend who likes purple! I found a pack of gift tags for a dollar of a purple and silver tree on a white background surrounded by a purple background. I mounted the gift tag on a white card and edged both the white panel and the purple panels of the tag with silver line metalic paper sticker from "Mrs. Grossman's Design Line". I added a rhinestone star from "Darice" to the top of the tree and various sizes of  purple rhinestones (also from "Darice") as ornaments.  The final touch was a silver rub-on text from "Martha Stewart/E.K. Success".

No comments:

Post a Comment