Monday, May 23, 2011

Glittered Rub-on Flowers.

Spring cleaning occurs in more places than the house ... it even takes place in the craft room and within the supplies it holds. My latest clean-up uncovered some old flower rub-ons; which I couldn't wait to use. I decided to make several cards using the rub-ons and here are two of them.

The first card uses several layers of paper (some patterned, some solid) but all edged with walnut colored ink (Ink It-up!). To tie in the various papers I used a paper adhesive ribbon (Anna Griffin Christmas 2010 collection). The addition of the poppy rub-on (Chartpack) was the final step.



For the second card I used a pale yellowish green texted and patterned paper (K&Company) for the background which was mounted on a chocolate brown panel before beeing mounted on a simple white card. I used brown flourish with white flowers rub-ons (American Traditional Designs) to create the stems layer of my card. The second layer were the glittered flowers (Royal & Langnickel Brush Man.).




I wanted these cards to be usable for any occasion, so until I decide on how to use the card I won't add a text or greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment