Thursday, May 26, 2011

Masculine Birthdays

The spring clean-up brought up a lot of items I had forgotten I had, including some very nice masculine images. I decided to make birthday cards using using free clip-art and stickers I found.

The first card uses free clip art from Dover Publications of a very majestic deer and his doe. Since the image was faily small I framed it in a set of alternating frames of black and burned orange. This not only enlarges the overall look but also to draws attention to the deer. The text is a sticker from Mrs. Grossman's.



The second card uses stickers and rub-ons. The main image is a golden fall tree sticker (PSX) that I surrounded by a black frame made up of lines done with a black marker (Sharpie) and some rub-on corners (Michael's). I edged the card with red ink to add some depth. The text is a sticker from Cloud-9-Designs/Fiskars.

These are simple cards which celebrate a special occasion for a special person.


No comments:

Post a Comment